Responsible for strong, day-to-day client interaction, decision making and providing involved leadership for the Freight Management Operations Team supporting the account. Ensure that operations are trained, prepared and capable, and that there is conformance to procedures. Improve productivity and find creative, value-adding improvements to operations. Determine least cost methodology to transport customer shipments, optimization opportunities, and cost reduction enhancements.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Financial - meet/exceed revenue & contribution by managing costs
- Customer satisfaction - build strong, interactive relationships with key clients
- Employee satisfaction - helps deliver training, communicate results
- Improve processes - establish productivity metrics, lead the use of quality tools
- Support project implementations - assist and help manage change
- Leadership - provide vision, energize, encourage & coach team mates
- Team building - commit and share accountability for team decisions
- Bachelors degree in Logistics or Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 yr. Logistics experience - only candidates with operational management experience in truck and multi-modal shipments. Demonstrated understanding of supply chain process components.
- Demonstrated, advanced, analytical PC skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Internet and email. Able to translate supply chain data for improvements.
- Demonstrated understanding of inventory management, distribution, transportation including carrier management, and overall supply chain management. Deep understanding of shipment optimization.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and meeting valid external customer requirements.
- Candidates should be skilled in communication, delivering presentations and articulating supply-chain concepts.
- Prefer candidates who also have a working knowledge of APL Logistics TMS applications
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced PC skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Internet and email.
- Knowledge of query tools and reporting.
- Proven experience with decision making, problem solving, and coping
- Excellent communication as well as verbal and written skills.
- Experience leading in a team environment, and able to demonstrate positive leadership skills.
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
Organization: *Region North America
Title: Manager, Operations (1st Shift) - Memphis, TN
Requisition ID: 2100014O
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.