The primary purpose of this role is to successfully deliver assigned engineering and construction projects within the Program Director's portfolio. This includes responsibility for real estate support, entitlements, design, permitting, approvals, project planning, bid documentation, contractor selection, budgeting, scheduling, contract management and consultant/vendor management to meet delivery requirements on multiple construction projects. The role will provide day-to-day oversight and direction as the owner's representative necessary to ensure project success.
• Manages multiple construction projects within the Program Director's portfolio for new and existing retail and industrial facilities.
• Works with key stakeholders and other functional business units to deliver on a diverse portfolio of project types with an ability to conduct construction meetings and presentations.
• Responsible for project planning and chartering, including responsibility for preliminary budget and schedule information necessary to obtain project approval.
• Responsible to secure project entitlements, permits and other required approvals with a knowledge of regulatory and code requirements for construction management.
• Prepares scope, bid documentation and evaluations to support contracting of external vendors and consultants on a variety of projects with an ability to read construction drawings and specifications.
• Administers construction contract and responsible for the accuracy of project budget and schedule, including purchase orders, pay applications, change orders, owner furnished items and project closeout.
• Contracts and manages external consultants throughout due diligence, design and construction for a variety of project types with technical experience in site and building design and ability to read construction drawings and specifications.
• Provides project updates and reporting with the ability to identify risks to a project and proactively resolve them.
• Makes decisions independently and collaboratively to solve problems and technical issues as they arise.
• Adheres to Lowe's guidelines and processes for construction project management.
• Communicates highly technical problems clearly and concisely for others to understand and interpret.
• Recognizes and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement in support of guidance provided by Real Estate Engineering & Construction (REEC) Leadership and participates in both the development and implementation.
• Participates in review of construction practices to look for innovative materials or means and methods to lower project costs.
• Associate degree in Construction Management, Architectural Management, Engineering, or related field AND 8 years' relevant work experience
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architectural Management, Engineering, or related field AND 6 years' relevant work experience
• Master's degree in Construction Management, Architectural Management, Engineering, or related field AND 4 years' relevant work experience
• Professional Engineering or Architecture license
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit ~~~.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.