Under the direction of the Customer Service Supervisor or Operations Manager, this position assists in the coordination of the daily activities of the inventory control personnel, acts as a supervisory backup and completes other inventory control functions. Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent must apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business processes, increased proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while at the same time, meeting the corporate values and objectives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
- Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
- Position requires the incumbent's performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, quality, productivity and inventory accuracy.
- Assist the supervisor in: the coordination of cycle counts, research, aisle audits, adjustments, inventory reporting and insures efficient use of time and equipment, ensuring that appropriate records are maintained and that tight inventory control and security is maintained.
- Maintains records and reports as required.
- Ensures that inventory records are current and accurate.
- Prepares and maintains other records as required.
- Processes inventory system adjustments.
- Arranges cycle counts and physical inventories and verifies quantities.
- Acts as liaison between warehouse personnel, CSRs, and the customer.
- Resolves problems as they occur and ensures that accurate and complete information is conveyed to all concerned.
- Acts as a constant communication link between the customer and warehouse & customer service personnel.
- Provides guidance, support and direction to others in the performance of all duties, especially when working on the same task or project.
- Resolves difficult customer inventory problems: Maintains a good working relationship with customers. Reports all customer feedback and assists the other inventory control personnel in resolving customer problems.
- Other duties, projects and assignments as required including but not limited to:
- Working overtime when required;
- Assisting management in finding solutions to problem areas;
- Encouraging staff to participate in employee suggestion program by word and by example and being active in the program.
- Must comply with written policies as set forth in the company Code of Conduct, Dress Code policy, Attendance program and associate handbook.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to three (2-3) years of customer service.
- Inventory experience or accounting required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be familiar with distribution and warehouse procedures and know inventory control functions
- Must be a good communicator, both verbal and written
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in data entry
- Microsoft Office skills preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Ability to write legibly
- Must have good math skills
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
Organization: *Region North America
Title: Clerk I, Inventory & Quality Control (CLS) (1st Shift) - Olive Branch MS
Location: MS-Olive Branch
Requisition ID: 2100010J
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.