Staff Accountant / Billing Specialist
If you are seeking an opportunity to bring your accounting background to a company that offers a dynamic and healthy work environment, this is the role for you. BWBR is an award-winning design solutions firm providing architectural, interior design, and planning services. We’re a firm of mission-driven individuals who enjoy working on complex projects for organizations in the health care, higher education, high tech, recreation, office, and secure environment markets. One of the largest and oldest firms in the Midwest, we have approximately 160 employees with headquarters in Saint Paul, Minn. and additional offices in Madison, Wis. and Omaha, Neb.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a billing specialist/staff accountant to join our Saint Paul office. This role supports financial and administrative processes within the firm and works closely with both leadership and project team members. As a vital member of the accounting team, the Staff Accountant’s primary area of responsibility will be company billing.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Generating monthly invoices for 200+ active projects with great attention to detail and individual terms.
• Willingness to be accountable for billing cycle including timely processing of invoices every month.
• Ability to work constructively with firm leadership, staff and the rest of the accounting team.
• Handling communications with clients via phone, email and in-person in a courteous and professional manner.
• Managing and updating client records and data.
• Upload invoices to 3rd party billing systems, agility with new software programs, comfortable setting up billing portal accounts when requested by clients.
• Management of accounts receivable statements and aging, including reaching out to collect past due items.
• Enter Billing contract information into Deltek Vision with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Use effective analytical skills to address any discrepancies or unresolved issues by identifying and working with the appropriate parties.
• Associate's or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related degree preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role.
• Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles.
• Experience with Deltek Vision or Elevia Electronic Invoicing a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Detail-oriented, professional attitude, ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in an energizing environment.
If you have a positive attitude and would enjoy participating in a highly energized, creatively satisfying team environment, then we want to talk to you.
BWBR pays close attention to individual strengths and is committed to cultivating growth opportunities for you. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, flex spending, paid holidays, paid time off, paid parental leave, and a wellbeing program. We also offer a 401(k) salary deferral plan, and profit sharing plan.
At BWBR we believe a healthy work culture is a culture that promotes health and wellness beyond your work. The diverse and dynamic interests of those who work here provide opportunities, both organized and impromptu, for individual pursuits and exploration.