Weld County Department of HS hiring following:
-Medical Assistant/Office Technician
-Public Safety Database/Application
The Weld County department of Information and Technology is searching for a Public Safety Database and Application Administrator who will work independently and demonstrate advanced skills in troubleshooting and decision making for complex public safety software problems. Public Safety Database and Application Administrator will provide expert oversite to drive the alignment of the public safety applications and technology. The Public Safety Database and Application Administrator is responsible for the design, installation, monitoring, maintaining, and performance tuning of the production and test databases while ensuring high levels of data availability making recommendations to management. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned. (any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all duties which may be found in positions of this class.)
Database Planning, Administration and Operation management
• Develop long-term strategic goals for production databases
• Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
• Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
• Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
• Perform database transaction and security audits.
• Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
• Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
• Work with Technical Operations to Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
Advanced Software Support
• Support Subject matter experts for assigned Public safety Software. Administrator responsible for analyzing results, make recommendations and implement changes.
• Evaluate and document resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
• Write and maintain functional and technical specifications for new or modified business applications.
• Conduct research into software application products and services in support of agency needs and goals.
• Provide technical knowledge and assistance to business unit in identifying, evaluating, and developing applications and procedures.
• Work with vendor to understand technical requirements of application.
• Work with Technical Operations to ensure that appropriate environments are set up and installs business application on complex application servers.
• Assist in the development of project plans to complete project efforts.
• Create or assist others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
• Diagram and document complex aspects of applications in operational runbooks.
Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, preferred.
• Four years of related experience in database and application administration.
• Preferred public safety related background.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers.
• Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
• In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with public safety enterprise and desktop applications, including NetMotion, CAD, RMS, JMS and Hiplink.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
• Able to develop and interpret technical documentation from Software Vendors.
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to public safety software applications.
• Good understanding of the public safety objectives to meet the mission critical goals of first responders.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Very strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to respond to questions from individuals and agencies in order provide technical assistance in a timely turnaround.
• Ability to work with other groups within Information Technology to ensure that appropriate solutions are being delivered to our agencies.
• Ability to work under general supervision and guidance, while maintaining a positive attitude and team player mentality.
Other Necessary Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.